Friday, September 27, 2013

MY FIRST VISIT TO A BEACH

Now my shots are finished (I think this refers to my injections, which don't really hurt I am glad to report), I have been out and about a lot and learning lots too.  I had my first visit to a beach and it did look very interesting to me.

Hmm ... this looks interesting!
I now know that a big playground with lots and lots of sand is called a beach and it is great fun to be on, even though I am on a lead and so can't run away and REALLY explore!  There are tons of great smells on the beach but you have to be careful and not sniff up the sand because it makes you sneeze.

Meeting another dog!
And before we got on to the beach I met another dog!  It was strange looking because it was white and had long hair so very different to me.  And another thing, even though it was much older than me, it was much smaller!  And she didn't have a lead on like me.  Maybe humans get rid of leads once you are older?  I really hope so!

My first beach was Rathmullan beach and it felt funny on my paws walking on all this sand that moves around under your feet.  But after the loose sand there is harder sand which is much easier to walk on.

I heard Catherine saying to Sean (Catherine and Sean are my pet humans by the way) that the tide was very high.  I looked up but couldn't see anything up high so I have no idea what a tide is.  Unless it is invisible?

Investigating the water
But I do know what waves are!  And they are very, very scary.  After the sand there is water but it isn't like the water in my bowl because it tastes very strange to me.

When I was trying out this water it and finding I didn't like the taste of it, all of a sudden burst up in my face!  Catherine and Sean found that funny but I didn't and I ran as fast as I could to get away from this strange water.

Escaping the waves!
"It's only waves" said Catherine as if waves were okay things.  Humans are really odd you know.  It's okay for them with their faces so far from the waves to say they are okay but try being down low like me and a big wave coming at you full force!

For the rest of my walk I kept on the other side of Catherine and Sean and as far away as I could from the horrible waves!

Birds are very noisy!

Once safely far enough away from the waves (and on the other side of Sean and Catherine just in case a wave came and got me!) I saw something I really wanted to investigate, birds!

They were black and flew right above me and landed on the beach making lots of noise!  Catherine said "oh, look Oscar wants to chase birds!" and they both laughed.  Humans seem to find a lot of things funny.  I just find them funny most of the time because they have some very strange ideas.

Chasing birds
I took off after them but couldn't get to them because of the lead!  Why can't my humans just take off my lead and let me do what I want?!  I could easily have caught those birds to play with.  Well, except they fly and I don't think I can fly.

After all that excitement it was back to the car and my cage where I took a very well earned snooze.  I think I like beaches but I hope the next one we go to won't have waves.


No comments:

Post a Comment